AvanTax eForms from Start to Finish
The information here is also avaliable as a video guide
Here is a quick list of the steps to follow to get you started in using eForms to prepare your return:
- Purchase eForms from our online store
- Download eForms from the eForms download page
- Follow the installation instructions to install eForms
- Create a database (if no previous database exists) or convert a previous year's database. If you create a database you must create a company before you can begin to enter slip information
- Configure the database to contain the desired forms (T4, T4A, T5, RL-1 & RL-3 are configured by default)
- Enter slip information into the database; either:
- Print an Edit List to check data for errors and correct as necessary
- Run an Adjustment Report, if desired, to calculate CPP, PPIP & EI deductions
- Prepare the XML file; returns of over 50 slips must be submitted electronically
- Prepare any necessary paper slips and paper summaries for distribution and/or records keeping. Note that Revenu Québec may require the summary to be printed and mailed
- Submit returns to the CRA or RQ; record the submission confirmation information
- Amend or Cancel returns as necessary
- Archive your data for re-issuing lost slips or (gasp!) CRA or Revenu Québec audits
And you're finished!
"I just have to tell you how great it is to work with a company that has such a good support team, it is a joy to talk to someone who knows the product and wants to help us make it work."
Here at Avantax eForms, we are dedicated to a standard of exemplary customer service. Being in the buisness for over 30 years has taught us that customers want informative, effective and freindly service that caters to their immediate needs.
Support is avaliable in both French and English, and accessible all year round. We're committed to answering your questions promptly and courteously so if you get our voice-mail leave a detailed message, including contact information and we'll call you back as soon as we can.
If that sounds like something you might need, give us a call: