T5013 - Statement of Partnership Income

Here's how AvanTax eForms helps you prepare T5013 slips:
  • User friendly T5013 data entry
  • Import T5013 data from CSV, Excel, or CRA XML submission file*
  • Print T5013 slips and summaries on plain paper or CRA forms
  • Create individual T5013 slips (password protected PDF) for electronic distribution**
  • Distribute recipient T5013 slips by email or corporate portal**
  • Prepare T5013 XML files and upload over CRA's Internet File Transfer portal
  • Easily process original, amended, cancelled and additional T5013 returns
  • PLUS!
    • Roll forward previous year T5013 data into current year
    • Roll forward current year T5013 data into following year
    • Unlimited technical support by phone, email or live chat
    • and much more!

* eForms Standard & Enterprise
** eForms Enterprise

If you make certain payments to a resident of Canada, or if you receive certain payments as a nominee or agent for a person resident in Canada, you have to prepare a T5013 slip. Under subsection 229(1) of the Regulations, all partnerships that carry on business in Canada or are Canadian partnerships or specified investment flow-through (SIFT) partnerships must file a partnership information return. However, under CRA administrative policy, certain partnerships that carry on business in Canada or are Canadian partnerships are not required to file a partnership information return.

Partnerships that carry on business in Canada and Canadian partnerships – A partnership that carries on a business in Canada, or a Canadian partnership with Canadian or foreign operations or investments, must filea return if:

  • at the end of the fiscal period, the partnership has an absolute value of revenues plus an absolute value of expenses of more than $2 million Footnote 1 , or has more than $5 million in assets Footnote 2 ; or
  • at any time during the fiscal period:
    • the partnership is a tiered partnership (has another partnership as a partner or is itself a partner in another partnership);
    • the partnership has a corporation or a trust as a partner;
    • the partnership invested in flow-through shares of a principal-business corporation that incurred Canadian resource expenses and renounced those expenses to the partnership; or
    • the minister of National Revenue requests one in writing.