T5013 - Statement of Partnership Income
Under subsection 229(1) of the Regulations, all partnerships that carry on business in Canada or are Canadian partnerships or specified investment flow-through (SIFT) partnerships must file a partnership information return. However, under CRA administrative policy, certain partnerships that carry on business in Canada or are Canadian partnerships are not required to file a partnership information return.
For more information on SIFT partnerships, see SIFT Partnerships and Specified Investment Flow-Through (SIFT) partnership.
Partnerships that carry on business in Canada and Canadian partnerships – A partnership that carries on a business in Canada, or a Canadian partnership with Canadian or foreign operations or investments, must file a return if:
- at the end of the fiscal period, the partnership has an absolute value of revenues plus an absolute value of expenses of more than $2 million Footnote 1 , or has more than $5 million in assets Footnote 2 ; or
- at any time during the fiscal period:
- the partnership is a tiered partnership (has another partnership as a partner or is itself a partner in another partnership);
- the partnership has a corporation or a trust as a partner;
- the partnership invested in flow-through shares of a principal-business corporation that incurred Canadian resource expenses and renounced those expenses to the partnership; or
- the minister of National Revenue requests one in writing.
AvanTax eForms software provides you with everything you need to prepare, print & efile your T5013 returns, and many additional return types. Whether preparing just a few slips for a single company or tens of thousands of slips for many companies, AvanTax eForms will help you to meet all your tax slip reporting requirements.
Would you like to avoid the stress of preparing and efiling your returns yourself? Let Avantax Filing Services do the work for you! Simply complete one of our Excel Templates and we'll convert your tax slip data into XML; print & distribute your recipient slips and process & efile your returns with CRA / RQ. Call us and see how we can help you!
Features of AvanTax eForms Software
- Imports data from Excel spreadsheets and CSV files.
- Files your T5013 information return with the CRA.
- Prints your T5013 slips and summaries on plain paper or CRA-supplied forms.
- Generates individual slip PDFs for electronic distribution to recipients.
- Distributes your slips to recipients via email or your intranet or employee portal.
- Prepares 30+ types of information returns, English & French.
- Carries your previous years’ data forward to save time in data entry.
- Unlimited year-round bilingual technical support via phone and email.
Relevant links to the CRA web site:
- T5013SCH1 - Partnership's Net Income (Loss) for Income Tax Purposes - Schedule 1
- T5013SCH2 - Charitable Donations, Gifts, and Political Contributions - Schedule 2
- T5013SCH6 - Summary of Dispositions of Capital Property - Schedule 6
- T5013SCH8 - Partnership's Capital Cost Allowance Schedule - Schedule 8
- T5013SCH10 - Calculation of Deduction for Cumulative Eligible Capital of a Partnership
- T5013SCH12 - Resource-Related Deductions - Schedule 12
- T5013SCH50 - Reconciliation of Partner's Capital Account - Schedule 50
- T5013SCH52 - Summary Information for Partnerships Allocating Renounced Resource Expenses to Members
- T5013SCH100 - Partnership's Balance Sheet Information - Schedule 100
- T5013SCH125 - Partnership's Income Statement Information - Schedule 125
- T5013SCH141 - Financial Statement Notes Checklist
© 2016 ELM Computer Systems Inc