Instructions for CRA Returns
|FIRST TOPIC BACK PREVIOUS TOPIC NEXT TOPIC|
The following instructions are provided here for a convenient reference. For complete details see the CRA website.
1. Electronic filing submissions may be made by Internet. A complete electronic filing submission contains the transmitter identification as well as the slip and summary information for each return. No paper forms are required with the submission.
2. Anyone making an electronic filing submission must have a Transmitter Number. If you do not have a Transmitter Number, contact the CRA at 1-800-665-5164 to be assigned one. If you cannot obtain a Transmitter Number, use the default Transmitter Number of MM555555.
3. Filers of any combination of returns totalling over 50 slips are required by CRA to file their submission over the Internet. Internet submissions may not exceed 150Mb. If your submissions is larger than 150Mb it must either be compressed or split into separate submissions to fall below the 150Mb limit. The CRA encourages all employers who use computerized methods to generate returns to submit them to the CRA electronically.
4. Do not send CRA paper copies of any returns that have been filed electronically.
5. If corrections need to be made to a submission that has already been sent to CRA, create an electronic filing submission of the amended or cancelled returns and submit it to CRA. Note that electronic original, amended and cancelled submissions cannot be combined.